Friday, September 11, 2009

Like Waiting for Godot

I know that getting back into a routine can be a slow process, but seriously? Here it is 3 days into the school year, and I have yet to write a creative word.

Oh, I've been busy. Cleaning my desk. Organizing the box of Brownie scout stuff to take to the new leader's home (and leave there!) Meeting with the marketing committee at the yacht club about the survey results. Checking the pages for the Fall Issue of CapeWomenOnline.com before they go live... not to mention all the usual mommy stuff.

But actual writing? Not so much.

Monday. I'll start Monday. Oh wait, I have a dentist appointment that morning. Okay, Tuesday looks clear. I'll start Tuesday. Oh wait....

See? It never seems to end. Waiting for the perfect time to write is like waiting for Godot. He never shows up. The time never magically becomes right. Waiting doesn't work. I need to employ that age-old strategy of butt-in-chair, hands-on-keyboard.

After I walk the dogs.

2 comments:

  1. And I always felt like I was the only one who ever brought up Godot....thanks Katie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I've thought of Godot quite often this week as they try to work out the new School Bus Routes...and I stand out on the corner waiting and waiting...and waiting...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?