Wednesday, October 14, 2009

NaNoWriMo Here I Come!

In another twisted and all too familiar moment of procrastination, I found myself reading another blogger's post about signing up for the National Novel Writing Month, which starts November 1st. The idea is to complete 50,000 words of a brand new work by the end of November. I found myself wishing I could have a writing goal like that, as I seem to be drifting between projects at the moment and spending most of my time editing and reading instead of writing....

And then it hit me. There's no reason that I can't participate too, and make this my goal.

So I signed up. I'm an official NaNoWriMo participant as of five minutes ago. There are eighty something other Cape Cod writers already signed up to be at their keyboards, and thousands more people across the planet. It's easy to sign up, and it's free.

And when you complete your 50,000 words and upload them, you get a shiny badge to post on your website or blog to say you're a winner! Because if you write enough words, you win. Just by doing the work.

Plus, I'll have most of my next book written. There's a prize in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?