Thursday, December 6, 2012

Countdown to Christmas: Decorating the Tree

I love decorating the Christmas tree. Unwrapping the ornaments, getting out the boxes and bags of garlands and lights- even untangling the lights is okay with me. I turn up the carols and get into the holiday spirit - the zen of tree decorating, you might say.

But. I have to admit, it's always more fun when I have helpers. It may take longer (and I may need to sneak back after bedtime and rearrange some of the ornaments...) but it's always more fun.

This year, I did most of the tree decorating alone. Not nearly as much fun, especially since there's no one to laugh with. No one to drape the garlands on themselves like they did when they were little, or laugh with me about some of the silly things we put on the tree from year to year.

Not going to do that again. Next year, I'm picking a day when everyone can help, or the tree will stay bare until Christmas Eve!

What about you? Do you have a slew of helpers at the ready, or do you enjoy listening to carols and taking your time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?